20090617

On the Road Again...

AMRAP 10 Rounds:

30 seconds Squats
30 seconds Rest
30 seconds Double Unders
30 seconds Rest

740.


Today is Day 2 of 1o of my last marathon work trip. Didn't get to workout yesterday due to some nightmare travel. But, today I made sure that despite 2 hours of sleep last night I fit a WOD in.

My friend Ryan, posted a very timely blog post regarding nutrition on the road. I also spoke to him about his strategies on eating well on the road as well. The bottom line: preparation.

In Harrisburg, PA I was hard-pressed to find a Whole Foods to secure some grass-fed jerky so tonight I settled for a meal alone at Applebee's. As you can see below, my nutrition was all over the place today from skipping meals to downing mashed potatoes at lunch. Before I start weighing and measuring I can do a lot better with decisions around timing and cutting out complex carbohydrates such as bread and white potatoes.

B: None
S: 12 almonds
L: Meatloaf w/ gravy, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed veggies, 1.5 c of whole milk
D: Chicken breast sauteed in peppers, mushrooms and onions, 2 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and side of broccoli

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog man! Added it to my list, you've wrote some good stuff. Keep it up, itll hold your ass accountable and hopefully contribute to less trips to insulin island (i.e. mash potatoes and gravy).

    ReplyDelete