20100218

Nutrition Challenge: Day 3

Today is a rest day physically, but mentally it's been draining. I've spent the entire day prepping for tomorrow's neuroscience and neuroanatomy exams. Supposedly occasional food deprivation (aka intermittent fasting) is good for the  bod. Tonight we'll find out if intermittent sleep deprivation is equally as beneficial. Clearly, I know the answer but the amount of material intertwined with mounting aboulia is going to make for a long night.

For the sake of consistency (and a study break) I wanted to post an update regarding the nutrition which is turning out to be quite a coup. Today is the 3rd day in a row without eating out or succumbing to the temptation of fast food.  I can't say I haven't thought about it. But, I have stayed true to plan. One other added benefit is that aside from $1 coffee I have not spent any money on outside food.  

I don't want to get too excited to early. But, the "before" pics that CF Cville has and will post to the web inevitably will serve as motivation. That said, before departing this morning I packed up enough food in pre-pakaged portions to last me all-day. 

I wish I could detail the recipes. However, studying calls. I will post the details on the tumeric chicken and microwave sauteed broccoli on a another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment